Tile Cleaning: Providing Amazing Bathroom Restoration in Hartford, CT
June 27, 2018Soap scum happens when the fatty ingredients from bar soaps react with minerals in water and cling to surfaces. When it is allowed to build up and harden, removing it can be difficult. Since water and soap are always used in the bathroom, this area is subjected to soap scum build-up over time. This can give the shower a grungy look, forming a dirty-looking ring around the floor, discoloring the grout lines, or even breaking them. Furthermore, soap scum is a breeding ground for mold, which is bad for your health. Mold exposure can cause allergic reactions, such as itchy eyes and scratchy throat. It is necessary to get rid of soap scum from your shower to avoid these hazards and give the tiles a clean look, as you can see in the video below. The best option for this is to contact a professional tile cleaning company in Hartford, CT.
A housewife from Hartford, CT was having trouble with the maintenance of her house's bathroom. No matter what she did, she couldn't get rid of the nasty looking stain around the shower's floor. The family was big, so the daily usage of the bathroom was fairly plentiful. Keeping the house clean was one of her top priorities. Cleaning routines were thorough and strict and she always tried not to miss one. Nevertheless, the bathroom had become difficult to clean. No matter how hard she tried, she noticed the unsightly stain ring on the floor was hardening and didn't disappear. She found herself in a bind and called a friend for help.
The next day, her friend went to visit and tried to solve the problem. She was always reading home improvement magazines and was familiar with the issues caused by soap scum. As some DIY methods in the magazines suggested, the housewife's friend brought ammonia, baking soda, and vinegar. They began the cleaning routine as instructed and spent the morning and part of the afternoon scrubbing and washing the shower's floor. Unfortunately, there was no success. They didn't notice any changes on the surface, and the stain remained. It was a difficult situation for the woman.
After discussing with her husband and weighing their options, they decided that the best choice was to look for professional and qualified assistance. The housewife went online and searched for experienced tile cleaning service in Hartford, CT. In the top search results, she found Sir Grout Hartford. She began to carefully browse our site and our before and after gallery caught her attention. She checked out the pictures and was immediately impressed with the results we achieved. After reading the comments from previous satisfied clients who certified us as a leading company in hard surface restoration, she decided to schedule a free in-home consultation by filling out a "Request a Quote" from.
A few days later, we arrived at the house for the bathroom's assessment and to offer the most effective solution for its restoration. After a quick introduction with the owner, we proceeded with the inspection. We noticed heavy but not unusual soap deposits. The shower was indeed affected by soap scum, and the stain was deeply hardened on the surface and the grout lines. This was caused by the film left by bar soaps that seep into the grout and tiles, staining and discoloring them. This tends to be worse on lower wall and shower floor tiles. Furthermore, it harbors fungi and bacteria, which are dangerous for the health and cannot be left unchecked. We concluded that the bathroom needed immediate professional maintenance.
We offered a tile cleaning service using our advanced products and skillful expertise. We have just the right products and techniques to dissolve even the heaviest soap deposits and solve this common shower maintenance problem. We would deep clean the tiles and grout lines and get rid of the stain once and for all. We would also use our proprietary Tile Armor to shield the tiles against future damage. Our unique sealant would provide protection from all sorts of external agents while making cleaning routines easier and faster. We ensured the owner that our qualified and expert procedure would leave the bathroom looking spotless and brand-new. She was pleased with our assessment and the solution we proposed and immediately agreed to set up a date for the job.
We returned to our client's house on the appointed date ready to begin the tile cleaning process. It was going to be a multi stage procedure that required the most advanced techniques and skillful crafts:
- Using our pH-neutral tile and grout cleaner with a gentle, high-speed scrubber, we cleaned the walls and floor. The product we used is safe for the grout and won't discolor or damage the tiles. It is soap-free so it won't leave any residue that could be absorbed by the grout lines. Also, it won't crack or peel the grout. We cleaned the shower's floor until the nasty looking stain ring was completely gone.
- Using a vapor steam cleaner, we sanitized the environment, reaching the most difficult areas. When this was completed, we got rid of the mold and mildew and we left the bathroom fungi-free.
- Cleaning the old, dirty, and muddy grout and performing the necessary repairs. We painstakingly worked on the shower's floor and walls until there was no trace of grime left and all the grout lines were pristine and spotless.
- Buffing the tiles with our top of the line tile and grout protector Tile Armor. This state-of-the-art product would not only enhance the appearance of the bathroom, it would also ward-off any damage in the future. It is also non-toxic and safe for everyone in the house.
We invited the owner to see the results of our work. She was delighted to see that her worry was finally gone; the shower's floor was thoroughly cleaned with no signs of stains anywhere. She was relieved and impressed with our performance and stated that the quality of our work was unbelievable. After thanking us, the owner said that from that point on, she would recommend Sir Grout Hartford to all her friends, family, and neighbors. Thanks to our professional service and expertise, we had become her company of choice for hard surface restoration.
We take time to train our clients on how to perform proper cleaning routines and maintenance on their surface. Before we left, we gave her some suggestions and recommendations to make cleaning easier and faster and keep the bathroom in top condition for a long time:
- Try not to use bar soaps. Soap scum buildup on tile and grout is nothing more than bar soap that has re-hardened on the surface. Not using these soaps would mitigate the accumulation of soap scum in the shower. It is recommendable to use gel soap, it offers an alternative that won't leave any harmful residue on the tiles and grout.
- Use safe, pH-neutral, soap-free cleaners, which don't leave any residue and are harmless for the grout. Soap-based cleaners leave a film that seeps deep into the grout lines, promoting mold and mildew growth. Acidic cleaners, on the other hand, are harmful and can discolor the grout and break it. These types of cleaners should be avoided.
- Keep the bathroom well ventilated and dry. This is an important step to prevent fungi growth due to the dampness of the environment. Dry the surface using a squeegee, a towel or a terry cloth. Also, leave the doors open, especially after hot showers.
If you are having trouble with the condition of your bathroom and you are looking for professional assistance, our tile cleaning services are exactly what you need. Sir Grout Hartford provides top-notch and qualified expertise that will make your bathroom look brand-new. As a leading company in the hard surface restoration industry, we offer the most effective techniques to help you with your problem. Don't hesitate to contact us by calling (860) 781-6480 or by filling out our "Request a Quote" form for a free in-home consultation. We will be glad to attend you. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive our latest info and promotions.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Hard Surface Restoration? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout Hartford, Instagram @sirgrout, and Twitter @SirGrout.
Categories: Tile, Grout, Cleaning, Grout Repair, Residential, Showers, Bathrooms